Donnerstag, 12. Juni 2014

Winter is here!!

Guys ... it´s flipping cold ... winter is here and most days during the last few weeks were characterized by rain, hail and whatnot. It is actually not that cold like the winters in Germany, but the difference here is that they don´t have central heatings inside the houses ... guess that´s quite difficulte for a spoiled person from Germany. ;) However, we have a fire place at home and so at least the evenings are quite cozy in front of the fire.
Haha ... and adequate to the winter weather I´m invited to a christmas party in two weeks (24th June) incl. mulled wine and white-elephant gift exchange ("Schrottwichteln"). Looking forward to that ...

Few days ago, we had a couchsurfer from France here. His name is Jason and he is a pretty musical person ... he brought his ukulele along and so we had the honor to have a little house concert. Really nice!

Okido ... this as short update. I will leave next Wednesday for the conference and field trip in KwazuluNatal. The field trip will be in the Drakensberg mountains region and I guess I will post a bit more about this travel once I´m back in Stellies.

Cheers :)

beastly weather ... even Sybil declines to get up
Jason ... singing songs for us


Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen