Donnerstag, 15. Mai 2014

just some updates ...

Nothing really spectactular happend the last days ... However, we finished the fieldwork for the Fynbos course last week ... for the last day we went to Melkbosstrand where we have seen the coastal Fynbos vegetation.

During the last days, I increased my succulent collection a bit. :) Suzaan gave me several offshoots of her plants and I propagated them at home. My plan is to make a little desert garden when the rain season is over ... let´s see.

Yesterday, I had a first fieldwork day for my project ... I went with Suzaan and CJ (a student at our department) to some places in the surroundings of Stellenbosch. We collected leaf samples of one Acacia dealbata population for my lab work. Afterwards, we were looking for a certain acacia species for CJ´s project, but our search wasn´t really successful. However, at least we had a nice up- and downhill tour with the 4x4 bakkie. :) In June I will have a field trip to KwaZulu-Natal to collect more material for my work. I´m looking forward to see the acacia populations there.

Okido ... these are the updates for the last few days so far. Tomorrow I will get my car ... woohoo ... independence. ;)

at Melkbosstrand

just a new pic of Sybil :)

one part of my succulent collection ... I started to decorate my burglar bars with plant pots because the window sill is running out of space :)

succulent collection

my fist "real" Acacia dealbata

Acacia dealbata youngsters

Calla lily ... they start to flower now ... it so nice to see them everywhere

during our fieldwork day ... at the property of the Vondeling wine farm

autumn

view after our uphill 4x4 bakkie tour

view after our uphill 4x4 bakkie tour

2 Kommentare:

  1. Beware - Collecting succulents can get out of hand very fast!
    https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BpXepZqIMAAxJjd.jpg

    AntwortenLöschen